If you are unable to cover unexpected expenses, you’re not alone. Many people experience financial hardship at some point in their lives. But fortunately, there is a way to secure the cash you need to resolve your financial woes.
A title loan may be able to provide you with the fast cash you need to overcome your financial challenges. But before you apply, it’s important to understand the basics of title loans. How do title loans work? Here’s what you need to know:
What is a Title Loan?
If you are in need of fast cash, you may be able to take out a title loan by using the title to your car, motorcycle, or RV as collateral. You won’t have to give up your vehicle in order to get the cash, though. The lender will put a lien on the title to your vehicle if you are approved for a loan. Once you completely pay off your loan, the lien will be removed from your vehicle’s title.
In other words, you can continue to drive your vehicle as you normally would while you repay the lender. However, the lender can take possession of your vehicle if you stop making payments on your loan.
How Much Can You Borrow Through a Title Loan?
Title loan amounts will vary depending on several factors, including:
- Your Vehicle’s Value
- Your Monthly Income
- Type of Vehicle
Your Vehicle’s Value
Because the title to your vehicle is used as collateral, the value of your vehicle plays a major role in determining how much you can borrow. To calculate the value of your vehicle, the lender will take a number of factors into consideration, including its make, model, year, condition, mileage, and trim level.
Title lenders will typically allow you to borrow up to a certain percentage of your vehicle’s value. So if your vehicle is valued at $10,000, you may be able to borrow a maximum of 80%, or $8,000. This rule can vary from lender-to-lender, so it’s best to talk to your lender to learn more about their guidelines.
The title lender will also need to calculate how much equity you have in your vehicle before determining how much you can borrow. Equity is the difference between your vehicle’s resale value and how much you still owe on it.
If your vehicle is worth $5,000 and you owe $3,000 on it, for example, this means you have $2,000 of equity in your vehicle. Your lender may allow you to borrow up to a certain percentage of your equity.
But if you owe more than your vehicle is worth, this means you do not have equity in your vehicle. You will not qualify for a title loan if you don’t have equity in your vehicle.
Your Monthly Income
The final factor that will affect how much you are able to borrow through a title loan is your monthly income.
Your title lender will need to see some form of proof of income during the application process. This gives the lender the opportunity to verify that you have a reliable source of income. It also allows the lender to see how much you earn every month, or in other words, your monthly income.
Your lender will take this into consideration when determining your title loan amount to ensure you do not borrow more than you can afford to repay.
Type of Vehicle
You can use the title to your car, RV, or motorcycle to secure a title loan. The type of vehicle you use as collateral will impact how much you are able to borrow.
If you find yourself in the situation where you need as much cash as possible and have an RV, you may want to consider using the title to your RV as collateral. This is because RVs are typically worth more than passenger vehicles and motorcycles, so you may be able to borrow more money by using an RV title as collateral.
What Are the Benefits of Title Loans?
There are many benefits to taking out a title loan with 1(800) Car-Title, including:
- Fast processing times: Title loans are typically processed quickly, which means you can get the cash you need as soon as possible. You may even get approved on the same day you apply!
- No prepayment penalty: If you want to pay off your loan early, you won’t be charged an additional fee for doing so.
- Spend your money freely: There are no rules or restrictions regarding how you spend the money you obtain through a title loan. Title lenders don’t need to know what you plan on doing with the money so long as it is being used for legal purposes–just make sure that you pay it back.
- All credit scores are welcome to apply: You won’t be immediately turned away simply because your credit score isn’t perfect. Your credit will play a role in determining your eligibility, but it’s not as important as other factors, including the value of your vehicle and your ability to repay the loan.
- Opportunity to improve your credit score: The process of taking out a title loan could actually improve your credit score. Title loan payments are reported to the major credit bureaus, which are the agencies that provide consumer credit information. If you consistently make on-time payments, this could have a positive impact on your credit score.
- You won’t lose your vehicle: You won’t have to sacrifice the convenience of using your vehicle while you repay your loan. As long as you continue to make payments, you can continue to use your vehicle.
What Do You Need to Apply For A Title Loan?
If you are thinking about applying for a title loan, here’s what you should be prepared to submit to the lender:
- The title to your vehicle
- Driver’s license or another form of ID
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income
If you cannot find the title to your vehicle, contact your lender right away. Your lender can help you track down a missing title so you can complete your title loan application.
It’s important to note that you cannot use a salvage title as collateral to secure a title loan. It is very hard to estimate the value of a vehicle with a salvage title. For this reason, title lenders do not accept salvage titles as collateral for these loans.
However, you can use a title that has another party’s name on it as long as your name is also on it.
How Can You Apply For a Title Loan?
You won’t have to fill out stacks of paperwork in order to apply for a title loan. Follow these simple steps to submit a title loan application with 1(800) Car-Title:
- Call 1-800-227-8485 or fill out the form on our website. If you fill out the form, a loan specialist will contact you shortly to discuss the next steps.
- Talk to the loan specialist to learn more about the terms of your loan. The loan specialist can answer your questions about your interest rate, how much you are approved to borrow, and more.
- If you are satisfied with the terms of the loan, the next step is submitting the required documentation. The loan specialist can help you gather the documents you need to complete your application.
- If approved, pick up your cash.
Don’t wait any longer to secure the cash you need–take the first step toward resolving your financial troubles by applying for a title loan today.